Tramonto DiVino 2018: wines and foods from Emilia-Romagna to taste
Estimated reading time: 1 minute
Every year, when summer gets its climax, Tramonto DiVino (DiWine Sunset) returns, a itinerant food festival dedicated to the best wines of Emilia-Romagna, paired with the most typical products and dishes of the tradition.
The tour of this 13th edition includes 9 stages all over the Region, among art cities, villages and localities along the Riviera:
- Wednesday 25 July, from 7.30pm | Imola, in Piazza Matteotti
- Friday 3 August, from 7.30pm | Cesenatico, in Piazza Spose dei Marinai
- Saturday 4 August, from 7.30pm | Forlimpopoli, in Piazza Garibaldi during the Food White Night
- Saturday 25 August, from 7.30pm | Rimini, in Piazza Cavour
- Wednesday 29 August, from 7.30pm | Ferrara, in Piazza Municipio
- Thursday 13 September, from 7.00pm | Zola Predosa, on the first hills of Bologna, in Via dell’Abbazia
- Saturday 15 September, from 7.00pm | Fontanellato (Parma), in the Court of the Fortress (seat of the Castles of the Duchy)
- Saturday 22 September, from 7.00pm | Scortichino di Bondeno (Ferrara)
- Friday, September 28th, from 7.00pm | Piacenza, Piazza Cavalli, in collaboration with the Consortium Salumi Piacentini
The heart of the event is obviously the tasting of regional wines of excellence, those selected by the sommeliers of AIS Emilia and AIS Romagna as top wines for 2018 and presented in the new edition of the Emilia Romagna to Drink and to Eat guide. About 50 wineries and hundreds of labels present in each stage, reason why wines will be served by AIS sommeliers, who will guide tasters in a conscious tasting, providing information about the history and territory of each winery, and suggesting the ideal combinations with local products on tasting.
Wines will indeed be matched with the most delicious PDO and PGI products from Emilia-Romagna (which will vary from date to date), prepared and served by the Chefs and students of the Artusi Hospitality Training Institute of Forlimpopoli.
At the same time, in every stage there will be a famous Chef from ICook who, during a show-cooking, will prepare a recipe with PDO and PGI products, dish that will be available to those who will want to taste it.
During the evenings there will be live music, with Osteria del mandolino group.
The admission ticket for every evening is 18€, including glass with its bag, free wine tasting, a tasting carnet for food products and the new edition of the guide Emilia Romagna to Drink and to Eat 2018-2019.
Who wants to taste the dish of the ICook Chef will have to pay a supplement of 2€ (optional and until sell-out).
Official hashtags of the events are #TramontoDiVino e #TDV2018.